Friday, January 06, 2006

Pine Warbler, Ruby-Crowned Kinglet, others

It's cold here today- finally. And the winter birds were hungry- finally. On this tape there is footage- well- inch*age of a pine warbler, a ruby-crowned kinglet and those little yellow-rumped warblers I started seeing on my feeder about a week ago. Oh gosh- they are so cute! All three of these I see only in winter. So that's how I know it's not summer anymore and that I should wear socks.

I also saw a male and female cardinal, chickadees, titmice, doves, white throated sparrows, and a pair of wrens- rusty brown wrens. Most of them were too far away to get on tape or did not stay on the feeder long enough to get focused on them.

PineWarbler

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I've been seeing some pine warblers at the feeders lately and just today a little ruby crowned kinglet showed up! Really enjoyed reading your blog, very nice work! :)

And I know this is an incredibly old post to comment on, but it showed up in a google search. :) hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home